14 Reasons Why I Have it All
People often stop me to question my bold tagline: Empowering mompreneurs to have it all. "Is there such a thing as having it all...particularly for women?"
Yes, I do believe we can have it all! And it's a pretty amazing feeling! Yes, that picture to the left is of me. I can honestly tell you that I feel like that every day of my life. I feel happy, free, empowered, uplifted, and energized. I dance every day! I dance because I have it all!
Below are 14 reasons why I have it ALL!
- I can sneak in a mani/pedi on a Wednesday at 11 a.m.
- I take most Fridays off.
- I consult dozens of small businesses each year about marketing strategies and witness their change of course and huge success.
- I meet amazing entrepreneurs every day and participate in awesome mastermind sessions with some of the most brilliant minds in our country.
- I take 3 one-week vacations a year and do several weekend getaways without worrying about how many vacation days I have left.
- I am teaching my children the power of hard work.
- I can get my hair done on a Thursday at 2 p.m.
- I can show up at a soccer game after a long day in heels and still have the energy to cheer my son and his buddies to victory.
- I have the opportunity to change tens of thousands of lives through my speaking engagements.
- I am contributing to more opportunities for my children.
- I do my supermarket shopping for the week in less than 30 minutes at 8 in the morning when it's empty.
- I can volunteer in my son's class in the morning and close a deal in the afternoon.
- I am teaching my children the value of a dollar.
- I am surrounded by loving, supportive folks, including my husband, parents, family, and friends.
I get the BEST of both worlds - I run two businesses but also get to have fun with my kids and spend quality time with them. I can take a morning off. I can pick up my kids at school. I might have to work late one day, go out of town for a few days for a speaking engagement or mastermind session, or catch up on emails after putting them to bed.
But that's the beauty of being a mompreneur. I can figure out what works best. It's the perfect concoction of extreme organizational skills, time management expertise, being okay with not being perfect, putting things in perspective, and a doctorate in compromise and re-prioritizing.
Having it all means doing what works for YOU, your marriage, your children, your lifestyle, your priorities, your passions...on YOUR terms.
No more pursuit of perfection. No more trying to balance.
I'm putting it in perspective and doing the best I can...and that's good enough! After all, I have it all!