10 Reasons Why You Should Ditch the Superhero Cape NOW
Repeat after me: I can’t do it all, but I can have it all—sans superhuman powers. Here are 10 reasons to ditch the superhero cape right now, and be happier than ever.
- That cape really clashes with your newest power outfit
- Accept it: it is physically impossible to do it all
- Save your sanity, because it is, however, very possible to go crazy trying to do it all
- It will likely get caught on something when you try to lean in
- If you’re out saving the world, that leaves no time for achieving your own goals
- Being a delegator, rather than a doer, actually gets you more control
- Something’s gotta give, and prioritizing adds years to your life
- Sometimes, failure is the best thing that can happen to you
- Accepting help doesn’t make you weak, it makes you smart
- Taking off the cape puts you one step closer to figuring out the recipe to your secret sauce
Go ahead, disrobe. Feel the relief? Now that the weight of the world is off your shoulders, it’s time to thrive both at home and at work.