Why I'm leaving my family.
"You're REALLY leaving your family for FOUR days to attend a conference on the other side of the country?" As I prepare to leave for Mom 2.0 Summit next week, I've gotten this question a few times, and I would like to totally set the record straight.
YES! I am leaving my family for FOUR days. And I don't feel an OUNCE of guilt! How's that for an answer?
You know why?
The four days I will be without my family, here are all the great things that will come of it:
- I will expand my network with fellow mompreneurs.
- I have the opportunity to speak in front of hundreds of mompreneurs about alleviating their guilt and proving that Balance is TRULY Bull$h!t (I am so stoked, check out the schedule here!)
- My husband will have an opportunity to bond with my kids and do "guy things" while Mom is away.
- I am giving my family one more thing to be proud of me for.
- I am growing as a mom, as an entrepreneur, and as a speaker.
- I am making big connections to help expand my business, which in turn means providing more opportunities for my family to continue to lead the lifestyle we enjoy today.
- I am taking a break from the hustle and bustle of daily life and spending the time enjoying myself and learning how best to grow my business.
- I am meeting people whom I can be of service to - whether it's through my company's services or through making connections for them or giving them advice and access to resources.
Here are the not so great things that will come of it:
- I will miss my husband and my kids.
- I need to pack a ton of outfits and matching jewelry, and I also need to figure out how to take my hat for the Kentucky Derby party on the plane.
Hmmmm.....don't know about you, but I don't think there's even a question of what's best for ME, my family, AND my business! While it's a difficult pill to swallow for most, I like to see the big picture. I KNOW this is what's right and I don't really care what people say. I've simply gotten over it.
Next time you are feeling some mommy guilt, make your list. Create your pros and cons and chances are, you will end up going for it!
PS - If you're still not sure, give me your name and email address at the top of this page and I will send you my 30-Day Mindset Makeover video series for FREE!